Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween

Last night we took my daughter trick or treating in our new neighborhood.  She was Disney's Rapunzel on her wedding day.  This costume had multiple components, almost all of which my daughter had to complain about.  The wig was itchy, the tiara/veil kept falling, the shoes were clunky, and the part that goes under the dress to pouf it out didn't quite stay in the right place.  I was told exactly, "there's something under my dress...it's not perfect".  What a statement!

We also took my sons for a short bit.  The elder was dressed as Hulk and the younger was Mike from Monster's Inc.  They were so cute and I was so proud of them.  The toddler, who is usually a holy terror, was an absolute delight.  He waved hi to people and didn't fuss.  He stayed on my husband's shoulders and had the greatest time.  The baby, who is only two months old, slept.  Like, almost the entire time we were out with them.  I was very impressed with both of them.  I cannot wait until next year when both of them can walk around.

It sprinkled at the start of the night, but that bothered next to no one (except my daughter who worried about her dress, naturally).  We were out for about an hour before we headed home to put my toddler to bed and drop the baby off with grandparents, who handed out candy for us.  We met up with friends of ours and now, I am determined to always trick or treat with friends of ours, whether it's the family down the street that have a daughter around our son's age or the family with kids a couple years older than our oldest.  Trick or treating with other kids helps keep the whole thing in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment