Monday, September 8, 2014

Sexism conspiracy and gaming

Maybe it's just me, but I'm so sick of all the "#Gamergate" and "Quinspiracy" bullshit.  Every time I go on Twitter, there's some new article or tweet about sexism in games and corruption in journalism.  Of course there is!  There always has been.  Games have been sexist since Mario was rescuing his first princess.  Who was making those games anyway?  Not women.

Journalism has always been corrupt.  Has anyone watched Fox News in the last....ever?  Pretty much every written word has been backed by bias.  Usually male bias, since women weren't considered capable of anything other than reproduction.

On that note, if women are better suited for the home and pregnancy, why can't the United States support them like other first world nations?  That is a discussion for another post.

Back to my original point.  All this vitriol over sexism in games and lack of journalist integrity makes me want to stay far away from the industry.  I used to be interested in game design or doing artwork either during production or afterwards, but after all this, I'm glad I stayed away from it.  The behavior is so juvenile and pathetic that I want nothing to do with it.  Can't we all just act like human beings and respect each other?  Actually, I take that back because I have no desire to hold any respect for people that behave like adolescent bullies.

While you all argue about who's right and who's wrong, I'm going to go play my games and enjoy them, like I'm supposed to and engage my children because I choose to (and not because I'm supposed to).

No comments:

Post a Comment