Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Automation by Amazon Prime

So, I read an article awhile back about Ebates, which gives you cash back for using their site to link to other sites to shop online.  For real, I've gotten checks for them that are legit.  I've also spent the same amount or less by using their site to link to shops I visit frequently.  Christmas shopping was a breeze thanks to them and I made some money back (can you say "rewards credit card" plus cash back from Ebates?).  Anyway, through Ebates I got hooked on Diapers.com which gave 5% on every diaper and wipes purchase, in addition to the 2% or more back from Ebates.  Well, Diapers.com changed their policy to 10% off on autoshipped items like diapers and wipes (some paper products counted too).  Free two-day shipping was a nice bonus.  I got an email the other day stating that they will no longer be offering a discount on autoshipping.  Enter Amazon.

A few months back, my husband signed up for Amazon Prime so we could access their instant video collection, probably to watch Downton Abbey when season 3 was exclusive.  Well, we kept the subscription after the trial ended.  I love it.  Two-day shipping!  Besides that, I learned that Amazon has a program called Amazon Mom (kinda sexist, but whatever), which offers 20% off when you subscribe to five eligible items (with Prime).  I opened my autoship shipments from Diapers.com on one tab and compared the prices to the same items on Amazon that are "subscribe and save" eligible. Totally cheaper.  Goodbye Diapers.com, hello Amazon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment