Sunday, January 5, 2014

I'm just a dreamer

I'm in the car with my family (passenger seat) driving back home from Florida.  Florida is my kind of place: warm.  I love the trees, the style of the houses, the attractions, and most definitely the temp.  The downsides are that we are soon to have no family down here as the grandparents (husband's side) are moving, hurricanes, alligators, hurricanes, lack of employment plans, and hurricanes.  I do like the idea of living here someday and I'm just sitting here dreaming of how to make it happen.  I'm thinking about how much I would love to write.  I have this book about my motorcycle in mind for children, an autobiographical short stories compilation, a play about schizophrenia (in the same style as the play AML that I was in about Acute Myeloid Leukemia), and whatever else I think of in the meantime.  I used to think I'd paint while I was on maternity leave since I love painting oils.  I thought about developing some film I shot years ago but left in my camera. I think I have a good eye so I was hoping to make some money selling some prints.  This is just the artistic stuff I dreamt about working on. It doesn't include my academic pursuits, which include earning a degree in biostatistics.  All I need now is the time to do everything.  Intellectually I know it's about making the effort every day, just a few minutes everyday, but for now I just dream about having the time to devote to my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment