Tuesday, January 22, 2013

1+1= -1?

Today it was really cold.  Not like, "holy shit, I didn't realize I lived in Alaska", but more like, "damn, I didn't know Virginia got this cold".  I can't wait for it to be spring.

Regardless of the temperature, I still have to go to work.  At work, we get trades, offer pre-orders and rewards cards.  I have a customer come in who pre-ordered something months ago.  He's interested in picking it up.  Score, no cancellations.  Turns out he pre-ordered the wrong game.  He cancels and puts it towards the one he wants.  It's only my first transaction.  I can make it up.  Nope, apparently not.  A guy comes in with his trades and I tell him he'll get more by pre-ordering one of several specific titles.  He's totally fine with that, but wait, maybe he already has it reserved.  He doesn't, I checked.  He does, however, have two other games reserved that he's not interested in picking up.  I wouldn't mention it, but he specifically asked what he had on pre-order.  Dammit.  So somehow, the one pre-order I was getting to balance the cancellation resulted in more cancellations.  FML.


No comments:

Post a Comment