Tuesday, January 29, 2013

We can has house! Mostly..

This morning we did our walk-through.  Things looked okay, but perhaps a little worse for wear than the last time we saw them.  In addition to that, there was junk in the garage (not to mention all the dog poop in the front yard).  Maybe they stopped caring, but either way, it was a little disheartening.  I know that I will feel better when we are actually in the house and make it our home.

After the walk-through, we signed paperwork.  A lot of paperwork.  For over an hour.  After all of that, the paperwork couldn't be filed with the county because the seller "couldn't get there until 3:30".  Again, not sure if they stopped caring or what.  But since they couldn't sign paperwork until the late afternoon, the title won't be ours until tomorrow, hence the "mostly" part.  So yeah, we have a house....mostly.

Besides the house situation, my car has been broken down.  It all started with the flat tire.  That got changed (to the spare), but then I couldn't turn the key in the ignition.  Trust me, I'm not an idiot.  Neither my husband, nor my father-in-law, could get this thing fixed and believe me, my father-in-law knows what he's doing.  So the car got towed to an import place because the Honda dealership sucks.  It took about a week for the part I needed to come in.  It got fixed today...mostly.  The keys needed to be reprogrammed so we ghetto-fabbed the car to run (i.e. taped my original key in the open steering column with all the wires exposed while using a second key to turn the ignition).  We go to Honda to reprogram the keys.  They do, mostly.  I have one key to open the door and a second key to put in the ignition.  The original key is pretty much worthless, along with its remote.  Damn.  We drive over to Cole's Imports to get the steering column put completely back together.  After that's done, we drive over to Merchant's to get a new tire.  Well, they couldn't find the anti-theft lug nut key.  That's right, we cannot get the tire off because this tiny thing is missing.  It's either at Cole's or disappeared somewhere in between the many places we went.  The reason it wasn't in the trunk with the old tire and all the other parts was the spare apparently had a nail in it so Cole's patched it up.  Fantastic.  At this very moment, we're trying to figure out how I'm getting to work, how we're getting a replacement lug nut, and when all this magic is happening.

Today my life got better...mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment