Friday, January 4, 2013

Please take my nickel, Lucy

Advice is totally welcome.  I had joined a community through Google+ for web developers, designers, and coders.  I'm not really any of those things, but I'd like to bed.  I've made two "websites" for school projects. I took an information technology course to fulfill that requirement for school and in that course, I had to do a research paper on anything in the field that's relatively current.  I did my project on the PS3 because I already had a lot of knowledge about it.  It went well.  In addition to the paper, we needed to make webpages for the different pages of our paper.  It was all HTML.  I loved it.

Besides that, I had done a webpage for an IT course in high school.  I figured it was a good way to circumvent the IT test that was required for graduation.  Again, that was HTML.  I loved it then too.

Today when I was looking on my homepage for G+, I saw a post with a comment about not posting links for personal promotion or other communities.  It was for the web dev community.  I finally looked over the community and found a post about starting out.  The post linked to a website with a post by a relatively newer web designer who wrote a page titled "Newcomers to web designers, don't be put off".  This article had links to websites that are good for new designers and advice on getting started.  Very helpful.  I totally plan to visit these sites.  HTML may be tedious, but it's fun.  I'd love to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment