Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My son, Indiana Jones

My son found the Holy Grail while I was at work.  My husband described it to me.  Apparently our son was playing like usual.  He likes to stand up and walk holding onto things (slowly).  He doesn't play on the floor as much as he used to because standing is more fun (ie. he can reach more stuff).

Tangent: My son used to just stand, but not sit.  He could sit in his highchair, but apparently crawling really fast or standing was just more fun.  One day, we went to a get-together at a family friend's house and there was a baby there who was one month older than my son.  This baby sat like a champ, but instead of crawling, he rolled everywhere.  It was very cute, even when he round-housed my son.  He just had this laid-back way of rolling.  You wouldn't know what he was after until he got there.  My son, on the other hand, is a very determined little boy.  When he wants something, you know it.  He was crawling all over.  I was super proud that he was showing up this older baby, but he still wasn't sitting.  When my daughter was his age, she had been sitting for three months.  Ridiculous.  But you know what, the day after the party.  My son started sitting up all the time as though he always had been.

Back to the main story.  As previously laid out, my son sits, stands, and crawls.  He no longer plays on his tummy, but today, he was.  He starts putting his fingers under the sofa.  My husband figures he'll just take whatever my son finds under there away from him after he pulls it out.  He's thinking that it's probably just a dust bunny or a sock, at best.  So the fingers go under, then the whole hand, then the elbow, and he keeps going.  Finally, he's up to his shoulder in dust bunnies, or whatever.  He pulls out his arm, sits up, and waves his arm triumphantly.  He found the TV remote.  Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment